When it starts to get cold outside, there is nothing like nice hot comfort food. Mom’s chicken ‘n’ dumplings takes all day to make. This recipe is quick and easy and tastes just as good. Well, almost.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 4 large flaky refrigerator biscuits (half a can)
- Place thawed chicken in a crock pot. Top with cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, and diced onions. Cook on high for 4-6 hours or on low for 8 hours. Do not stir.
- Cut each uncooked biscuit into 9 small pieces and stir into the chicken mixture. Continue to cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with a fork. Return to slow cooker and stir everything together.
- Serve hot and season to taste.
**Tastes great by itself of serve on egg noodles.