More flexible than their chubby cousin the pancake, crepes can be filled with many different sweet or savory fillings to change their taste.
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Blend or beat all ingredients in order listed until smooth.
- Pour into your crepe iron’s batter bowl.
- When your crepe maker is fully heated, dip the heating element into the batter bowl to coat the surface evenly, then turn it upright again and allow the batter to cook until the crepe loses its glossy sheen.
- Invert the crepe iron and remove the crepe.
- Fill crepes with your favorite fillings, heat gently and enjoy.
Suzy’s Favorite Filling
Suzy loves savory crepes. Her favorite is stuffed with grilled chicken, bacon, onion and Alfredo sauce.
Don’s Favorite Filling
Don loves sweet crepes. Get a can of cherry or blueberry pie filling, scoop some into the center of the crepe and roll it up. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and top with whipped topping.
This recipe makes 20-24 crepes, which gives you plenty of opportunity to find your favorite filling. If you have any leftovers crepes, throw them in the freezer for next time.