A delicious oven pancake that tastes like a combination of pancakes and french toast. This is one of Don’s breakfast favorites!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (not self-rising)
- 1/2 cup milk (I use skim milk)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 400° F.
- In a 9″ pie plate or cast iron skillet (preferred), melt butter in oven and brush over the bottom and sides of plate or skillet.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs slightly with wire whisk or hand beater. Beat in flour, milk and salt just until mixed. Do not over-beat or pancake may not puff up). Pour mixture into pie plate.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until puffy and deep golden brown.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with powdered sugar and syrup.
For a double batch, melt 1/3 cup butter in a 13″x 9″ pan. Double remaining ingredients except salt.