Meat and cheese are the key to make any dish special, and this frittata recipe delivers for breakfast, lunch or dinner! Experiment with mild, sweet, hot, or even turkey Italian sausage to find the taste that’s right for you. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 3/4 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach, washed and dryed
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- colby jack cheese
- 1 large ripe tomato, coarsely chopped
- Salt, ground black pepper, and red pepper flakes
- Preheat your oven to 375? F.
- Cook the sausage in a 10-inch cast iron skillet until it crumbles and is no longer pink.
- Remove sausage from skillet and drain it on paper towels.
- Drain excess fat from the skillet.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl. Add cream, salt and pepper and red pepper. Whisk the mixture until it is foamy.
- Add sausage, spinach, feta and tomato and stir until mixed well.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and and cook over medium heat until it begins to set and hold together along the outside edge.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake approximately 25 to 35 minutes until the top of the frittata has puffed up and is golden brown.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and sprinkle shredded colby jack cheese on top. Allow cheese to melt.
- Slice the frittata into wedges and serve.