A noodle like no other… Spaetzle are easy to make and so tasty!
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg (optional)
- 1 to 2 tsp salt
- 1 quart cold water
- Stir flour, eggs, salt, and 1/2 cup water. Beat until batter is smooth and doesn’t stick to the spoon. Add water as needed.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- If you have a spaetzle press, press the dough through the press into the boiling water. If you do not have a press, use a spoon or rubber spatula to press the dough through a colander with large holes and into the boiling water.
- When the noodles float to the surface, remove them with a slotted spoon (the cook quickly).
- For extra deliciousness, saute the spaetzle in a tablespoon of butter.
- Serve with brown gravy or beef stock.